Quick Facts about PMA, MDMA and Molly
- PMA is a synthetic hallucinogen. It is known chemically as paramethoxyamphetamine.
- PMA is known as death, Mitsubishi double stack, and is sold as ecstasy.
- PMA comes in tablet, capsule and in rare cases powder form. PMA looks very similar to Ecstasy and costs about the same amount.
- PMA doses are usually less than 50 milligrams which is about one pill. PMA causes symptoms that are similar to Ecstasy.
- PMA symptoms are increased breathing, body temperature, pulse rate and blood pressure, erratic eye movements, muscle spasms, nausea and heightened visual stimulation. PMA doses over 60-80 milligrams are considered lethal. This high of a dose can cause cardiac arrhythmia, cardiac arrest, breathing problems, pulmonary congestion, kidney failure, hypothermia, vomiting, convulsions, coma and death.
- The long term effects of PMA are unknown
- PMA is classified as a Schedule 1 substance.
- MDMA better known as ecstasy is a synthetic hallucinogen and stimulant. It is known chemically as 3-4 methylendioxymethamphetamine.
- MDMA is similar to methamphetamine.
- MDMA is known as Adam, Xtc, X, hug drug, beans and love drug
- MDMA comes in a tablet form that usually has an imprint with designs or commercial logos.
- MDMA is usually swallowed in pill form but can be snorted, injected or used as a suppository.
- MDMA is known for its energizing effects. It can cause distortion in time and perception. It can cause enhanced enjoyment from physical experiences and lasts from three to four hours.
- MDMA symptoms can include psychological problems, confusion, and depression, sleep problems, craving to do more, severe anxiety, paranoia, and psychotic episodes. It also can include muscle tension, teeth clenching, nausea, blurred vision, rapid eye movement, faintness, chills and sweating.
- The physical effects of MDMA can last for weeks long after the drug has worn off.
- MDMA is very dangerous for those with heart problems.
- MDMA is addictive
- MDMA is a Schedule 1 substance
- Molly is better known as MDMA in a pure form. It is a mixture of plant fertilizer out of China, New Zealand, or Australia.
- Molly produces the same effects as ecstasy.
- Molly usually comes in pill, capsule or powder form and can be swallowed, snorted, or injected.
- Molly is supposedly a safer form of ecstasy because there are no additional additives in it.
- Molly can easily be laced with other drugs.
- Molly has numerous dangerous side effects. The short term effects of molly are mental stimulation, emotional warmth, enhanced sensory perception, and increased physical energy.
- Molly can also cause nausea, chills, sweating, teeth clenching, muscle cramping, blurred vision, and sometimes in rare cases sudden death. Molly also interferes with body’s ability to regulate temperature which can also be lethal.
- Molly can be addictive.
- Molly is a Schedule 1 substance
PMA, MDMA and Molly are all similar substances that could be classified as being in the same family of drugs. They are all synthetic hallucinogens which have similar effects on the individual’s taking them. PMA, MDMA, and Molly are all considered club drugs and should be taken with caution. They all have a high potential for addiction and can easily lead down a dark disturbing path that may end up with death or needing outside help from a rehab facility to stop.